Healthy living does not mean suppressing your cravings and limiting your food intake, but it means to opt for the foods that can boost your energy levels and keeps you fit and healthy. For this, you must be aware of the critical nutritious good and bad foods that may be impacting your health in both good and bad ways, respectively. Here is a list of good foods and bad foods.
Good and Nutritious Foods
There are many types of good foods present in the market. Below is the list of a few nutritious foods that you can include in your daily regime:
- Pumpkin: It is rich in beta-carotene and Xanthophyll esters with richness in orange and yellow pigments. Its nutrition score is 50.
- Cauliflower: This vegetable is a good source of fiber and Vitamin C. Like, its relative Broccoli the plant contains a natural chemical known as sulforaphane that controls the cancer risk.
- Avocados: This fruit is loaded with healthy fats instead of the carbohydrate, and it’s high in potassium, Vitamin C, and Fiber.
- Blueberries: This is one of the most powerful sources of antioxidants.
- Eggs: They are a rich source of nutrition and proteins.
- Artichokes: This food is high in calories with no fat as you can bake it or grill it according to your preference. It is also high in fiber content.
- Prunes: These dried plums are a rich source of anthocyanins and antioxidants.
- Beetroot: The beets are high in antioxidants that protect you from many chronic diseases as well as cancer. Its juice that contains nitrates also helps in lowering the blood pressure level and increasing the blood flow to the brain.
List of Bad Foods
- Processed Meats: These meats contain many additives that may increase the risk of colon cancer. So, it is advisable to opt for organic meats.
- Frozen Meals: The easy to munch on meals are high in sodium and many additives, they contain refined flour, and they are even over-processed too.
- Cereals: The breakfast cereals have a high sugar content that makes it unfit for eating.
- Other Foods: Avoid foods like fried food, potato chips, cookies, cakes, French fries, etc.